Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 3 Readings



            I learned a lot from the Writing Identities because it went in depth about the different categories of rhetoric.  I agree that how you portray yourself can affect your credibility as a writer to the audience.  People will listen when they think you know what you are talking about rather than taking anyone’s word. It’s always natural to second guess the writer by wondering where they learned their information and how up to date it is.   I notice how people will come off in a different way not only in their writing but though verbal communication to seem more credible depending on the topic.  I think the only time a person doesn’t change to earn credibility is if they are talking to a close relative or friend.  I know when I speak to someone I’m close with I don’t feel the need to change my rhetoric because we have already built that trust through whatever relationship we have.  This topic of reading really became clear for me when they used the resume example in the back.  I remember having to start my resume when I was sixteen with no previous job experience.  It was really hard not having much to put down but I thought of any volunteer work, all the school awards, and different skills I had to seem like a great employee.  Now when I update I still have to think about how can I show off being a great employee yet keep it short and to the point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment