Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ch.7-8



Chapter 7:
So I feel like this is a book I would read if I was 60 learning how to use a computer or a cell phone for the first time.  Readings like this are already mostly known if a younger crowd is reading it because we grew up with this technology.  Most of us already know how to communicate through different systems like email, instant messaging,  or text messaging.  The only part I was really unfamiliar with was the section on podcasts I learned a lot there.  But it was quite a difficult text to read because when you already know a lot about a subject you tend to start skimming and getting bored.  If it was shortened up to the helpful stuff this would have been WAY more interesting to read.  I’m going to start using some of the blogging examples and tips on my own website to connect on a more personal level and give more detail into my work
Chapter 8:
This reading I really connected with because I have problems when I’m trying to get help with a big business.  It’s true that customers can’t find the help they need easily online and I like when they have a page setup that customers can get help with other customers.  It’s an easy answer without having to email or call the company waiting for an answer.  The first page of the article  really brought back memories of being a manager at a clothing store dealing with rude and upset customers. Remembering to be very neutral, state your position, be as helpful and nice as possible to help the customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment